| || |
English name is Jason. I have joint SUN YAT-SEN University since Jan. 2011 under the one-hundred-people program. And I have been a full professor since Jan. 2016. I have been a Deputy Director of Key Laboratory of Machine Intelligence and Advanced Computing, Ministry of Education since July 2016. |
My early research was on face recognition based on subspace methods, when I worked for Ph.D. degree in Applied Mathematics with Prof. Jianhuang Lai and Prof.
Pong C. Yuen at Sun Yat-sen University and Hong Kong Baptist University. I have been a visiting student working with Prof.
Stan Z. Li at the Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences. There, I started my research on sparsity learning for pattern recognition with sparse one-sided non-negativity matrix factorisation.
After 2008, I worked as a Postdoctoral Researcher on the European
SAMURAI project for person association with Prof.
Shaogang Gong and Dr.
Tao Xiang. In Queen
Mary University of London, I proposed to use relative comparison to overcome the ill-posed matching problem between the appearance of people across non-overlapping camera views. The
idea was also extended to group of people association. I also created an i-LIDS dataset for evaluating this matching problem.
After I joined Sun Yat-sen University in 2011, I am
now focusing on three research areas: 1) person re-identification under challenging scenarios, 2) action prediction and group activity recognition, and 3) the related large scale machine learning research (hashing for fast search, unsupervised learning, and deep learning).
- NSFC for Excellent Young Scientist Programme (国家优秀青年科学基金)
- Royal Society-Newton Advanced Fellowship (英 国皇家学会牛顿高级学者基金)
- Guangdong Province Science and Technology Innovation Leading Talents (广东省科技创新领军人才)
Natural Science Funds for Distinguished Young Scholars (广东省自然科学杰出青年基金)
- Microsoft Research Asia StarTrack Visiting Young Faculty Program (微软青年学者铸星 计划)
Natural Science Award, First Prize (广东省自然科学奖一等奖, 2018)
- The Second Prize of Excellent University Achievement Award (Natural Science), Ministry of Education (教育部高校优秀成果奖（自然科学）二等奖，2018)
Science and Technology Progress Award, Second Prize (广东省科学技术进步奖二等奖, 2016)
- Guangzhou Science and Technology Progress Award, First Prize (广州市科学技术进步奖一等奖, 2014)
- Sun Yat-sen University Young Teachers Teaching Competition, Second Prize Award
(中山大学青年教师授课大赛二等奖, 2014年, 比赛课程《线性代数》)
- Outstanding Reviewer Award, ECCV 2016
- Outstanding Reviewer, CVPR 2017
- Outstanding Area Chair Award, ICME 2020
& Academic Activity
Director, Key Laboratory of Machine Intelligence and Advanced Computing, Ministry of Education, 2016.7-Now
Editor, Pattern Recognition
- IEEE MSA TC Member
Associate Editor, Frontiers of Computer Science
- Area Chair, CVPR 2021
- Area Chair, IJCAI 2021
- Area Chair, BMVC 2018/2019/2020
- Area Chair, ICPR 2018, ICIP 2020
- SPC for AAAI, 2020
- SPC for IJCAI 2019/2020
- Area Chair, IEEE Conference Series on Advanced Video and Signal based Surveillance (AVSS), 2012.
- Publication Chair, IEEE
Conference Series on Advanced Video and Signal based Surveillance (AVSS), 2017
- Programme Chair, Chinese Confrence on Biometric Recognition (CCBR), 2012,
ICCV, CVPR, ECCV, BMVC, BTAS, ICPR, ICIP, ACCV, AVSS .......
- Reviewer for:
*IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence.
* IEEE Trans. on Image Processing
* IEEE Trans. on Neural Networks.
* Pattern Recognition.
*IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology.
Many other transactions and elsevier journals ......
- 1st Place in CVPR Moments in TimeChallenge 2018 (by my students)
- 2nd Place in ChaLearn LAP Large-scale Isolated Gesture Recognition Challenge @ICCV 2017
- 1st Place in WMH Segmentation Challenge @MICCAI 2017 - 2nd Place in Microsoft Azure for Research Grant Prize 2017
- 1st Place in ACM MM Grand Challenge on Large-scale Human-centric Video Analysis in Complex Events(Track-1), 2020
Funding (In Chinese)
- 主 持国家重点研发计划课题一 项
- 主持NSFC-广东省大数据中心中心项目(集成项目) 第六课题
- 主持企业横向课题 8项